Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Week 9 EOC: Three Great Mission Statements


After reviewing the different mission statements by my classmates there was one in particular that stuck out the most. It was well worded, it had a straight to the point goal and why it would work, and he used a technique that gave a differential advantage on fundraising events we see everyday. His name is Ryan Torrisi and his cause to bring to the awareness of the community and his goal is to raise money for the Susan G Komen foundation for Breast Cancer research using his photography skills. He got my attention from the other classmates by saying “I hope to make everyone more aware of what can be accomplished in just a short amount of time and a small investment. The smallest event like the one I will hold is something that I hope to inspires many others to do. When people get together they can accomplish many things that are simple and viable at the same time.” I found ryans mission to be the most thought out and well written.

A couple of the other mission statements that I liked were favored for their causes. Haley Herdman said, “The mission of Beauty and the Bully is to spread the word about the seriousness of bullying. Our mission is to inspire youth to speak only kind words, and teach that it takes a kind heart and mouth to be truly beautiful." I liked this cause because I hadn’t seen anyone else write about one like this. It was short yes, but it was also sweet. The third mission statement that I liked was by Andre De Los Monteros and he said “The goal is to provide these children proper attention and direction, keeping them from gangs and drugs.” his cause was also unique and when he wrote about it I could feel how real this was to him and I know that it would be a great cause to support.



No comments:

Post a Comment